In this policy, “we”, “us”, “our” refer to Master Locksmiths Association and “you” and “your” refer to natural personas that register for, or attend the MLA Expo 2023 .
For more information about us and how you can contact us, please see Section 10.
2. Origin of our data
The data is received from you, as an individual that has made contact through our website www.locksmiths.yarringtonevents.co.uk, registering for, or attending one of our events or communicating with us via other means such as telephone, email or social media.
3. The types of data that we process about you includes;
(a) Contact details, such as your name, email address, and phone number;
(b) Your organisation;
(c) Account login credentials;
(d) Other account or Event registration and profile information, such as where you heard about the event, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements;
(e) Payment information;
(f) Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us including when you engage with our customer support team;
(g) Interests and communication preferences;
(h) Information about how you and your device(s) interact with our service(s), including technical identifiers, usage data, and location analytics.
4. Legal basis for processing your data
We typically process your data in order to fulfil a contract with you (such as attending our events) or where we believe there is a legitimate interest in us doing so. If for a legitimate interest, we balance this interest against your privacy rights to ensure it does not override or materially impact on your privacy rights.
Types of Use:
- Facilitate your admission to the event
- Record attendance at seminars
- Perform the Services requested by you;
- Manage your access to and use of the Services;
- Deliver customer care, technical support and security;
- Provide you with updates, operational announcements and other news in relation to the Services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional communications, notices and other information related to services provided by us, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors and media partners. We may contact you with direct marketing communications which you may opt out of receiving our marketing at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link included within each communication.
- Disclose data to selected third parties in accordance with this Policy;
- Send you notices and requests in relation to the Services, for example to collect payment.
5. Sharing your details
6. Retention period
The MLA Expo is currently a tri-annual event with many exhibitors and visitors attending across several iterations of the event. We will typically retain data for seven years after you last registered for, or attended an MLA event.
7. Data security
The MLA takes all appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep personal data secure.
8.1 We may update this policy from time to time and would advise you to check the website for the latest version.
9. Your rights
9.1 This section explains the rights, you have, in relation to your personal data.
9.2 To be informed about how, why and on what basis that information is processed.
9.3 To obtain confirmation that your information is being processed and to obtain access to it and certain other information, by making a subject access request— your request will be answered in maximum thirty days.
9.4 To have data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
9.5 To have data erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed, or if there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing (the right to be forgotten).
9.6 To restrict the processing of personal information where the accuracy of the information is contested, or the processing is unlawful (but you do not want the data to be erased), or where the employer no longer needs the personal information, but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
9.7 To restrict the processing of personal information temporarily where you do not think it is accurate (and the employer is verifying whether it is accurate), or where you have objected to the processing (and the employer is considering whether the organisation’s legitimate grounds override your interests).
9.8 If you wish to exercise any of the rights in paragraphs, please contact the Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.9 If you are unhappy with the way that your data is processed you may contact the Information Commissioners Office – https://ico.org.uk
10. Master Locksmiths Association details
10.1 We are registered in the UK under registration number 2020160 and our registered office is at 1 Prospect Park, Valley Drive, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1TF, that is also our principal place of business.
10.2 You can contact us: